Red Light Therapy is a 100% natural, chemical-free and drug-free way to help promote healing in the body. Will help to increase blood flow and deliver a nutrient-rich blood supply to the affected area faster, which may help speed up the body’s ability to repair itself naturally. Benefits range from healthier skin, increased weight loss, reduced pain and injury, and stimulate hair growth.
RLT works by delivering safe, concentrated wavelengths of natural light into your skin (Irradiance: >100 mw/cm2 at 6 in.), where it’s absorbed by your cells. This stimulates the production of collagen, elastin, and fibroblasts. RLT also boosts circulation, bringing more oxygen and nutrients to your cells and tissues.
Photobiomodulation (PBM) Therapy uses near infrared (NIR) light to reduce pain, inflammation and edema, and drastically aid recovery. PBM therapy works at the cellular level, stimulating repair and normalizing cell function. The therapeutic use of visible Red Light and invisible NIR light has been studied for almost forty years.
Commonly used to help heal tissue, by stimulating cellular repair for better overall tissue recovery. This can also aid in the prevention of muscle degeneration through muscular dystrophy. Acute injuries and inflammation from muscle strains, sprains, cuts and bruises typically show very rapid improvement and can resolve in 2-4 treatments. Symptoms for chronic conditions can begin to show improvement in as little as 10 sessions
Minimum interval recommendation is 2-3 times per week until your goals are met, then 1-2 times per week for ongoing maintenance. For individuals who exercise frequently chronic conditions, 3-5 times per week is recommended for optimal recovery.
Not limited to just physical healing, many see improved Mood & Brain Health. Linked to increased cerebral blood flow and brain energy metabolism, and may lead to diminishing the symptoms of major neurological disorders.
Over 600 Randomized Controlled Trials have been published using PBM devices, and the technology has been featured in over 4,000 laboratory studies. PBM is used in thousands of clinics, hospitals and elite sports institutions in over 70 nations.
- Delivers only red and near infrared wavelengths.
- Tested as zero EMF: 0 ut. at 6 inches
- Can be used sitting, standing, or laying down
- Has 5 wavelengths which equate to better cell absorption, affinity, and penetration
- It does not heat tissue, however it does increase circulation, so a warming sensation is often felt.
- Anti-aging effects on skin, clinically shown to reduce wrinkles, promote the healing of scars and blemishes, and tighten sagging skin.
- Decrease inflammation by decreasing levels of pro-inflammatory cytokines, showing benefits for arthritis and more.
- Speeds wound healing, Increased fibroblasts (connective tissue cells that produce collagen and fibers), collagen synthesis, and Angiogenesis (new blood vessel formation) and tissue formation.
- Improves hormonal health– fertility, hormone balance, testosterone (males)
- Mood, Mental health, and especially depressive disorders with seasonal patterns, formerly known as seasonal affective disorder (SAD).
- Cellular Benefits Include: Increased energy, increased circulation, increased nutrient transfer, and acceleration of evacuation of waste and free radicals.
What to wear: swimsuit, shorts, undergarments
What to bring: water/hydrating drinks for before & after session
Pregnancy– encouraged in Europe, but still wise to consult your physician before use
Children under six– no long term research on children
Skin cancer– debatable research, so best to avoid use or cover area.
Avoid use of retinol prior to use, stimulate pigmentation
Epilepsy & seizures
Medications that cause light sensitivity, such as Tetracycline.
*Please confirm appointments with a credit card. You will not be charged until the time of your visit.
Cancellation and No Show policy: No charge for canceling more than 24 hours of scheduled appointment.
10% fee for less than 24 hours of scheduled appointment / 30% fee for no shows.